Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Eating interesting foods

Hola todos! We went to Estelí today, and this week was pretty slow, so this´ll be a pretty short letter. Just more walking, talking to people, teaching, getting to know this massive area. I´ve also got a picture this week! I´m not sure how good the quality is, since for some reason my camera is only taking blurry pictures.



I got to give a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday. I didn´t know about it until 7 am that morning, with church starting at 9. And I didn´t have time to prepare anything, since we had to run around to bring investigators to church. I also didn´t have a topic. So I just picked a couple of related Liahona articles I had found in my search of cool things in old Liahonas. I based it off of "Living with Real Intent" from this October, and just talked about how we need to always have a goal in mind, to keep an eternal perspective, and never stop doing good things of our own free will. I felt the Spirit so strongly, and I knew that the Spirit guided me to know what to say. I urged all of the members to go to the temple, because there´s a trip to Honduras in the district at the beginning of December. Not many are planning on going, and I just urged them with all my heart to go. Because I´m so beyond jealous that they can go to the temple, and I´m over here dying because I want to go so bad and have to wait another year. It´s so far, an 8 hour bus ride, but I´d hop right on that thing if I could. I can´t wait until I can go to the temple again ;) Please treasure that wonderful sacred building. Go as often as you can. Go for me, haha.
 
So also, I ate chicken heart. I didn´t know what it was at first. It´s called Titile, or Piedra. It´s a part of the chicken´s chest cavity, including cartilage and part of it´s heart. They wouldn´t tell me what it was, it looked like some kind of sea food, but I ate it and it was pretty good. Then I learned later what it was. First time I´ve ever eaten anything crazy over here ;) The people are pretty tame with their food, but they eat all of the animal. They don´t understand why we throw their organs away, haha. 
So yeah. I hope you all have an excellent week. Strive for the temple! Keep the commandments! You´ll be so blessed if you do, I promise! That´s really the secret to life. I know it is.

Att. Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment