Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Estoy aqui :)

Hey, I made it here okay. :) I flew in to Managua anoche and then this morning we went to the mission home. I have my new companion, and I get a few minutes to type an email really quickly.
Today has been kind of crazy, but it´s been really good. I met the mission president and his wife yesterday, and we went to pizza hut, which was pretty interesting. Today we had our interviews and got our companions, and we just barely got back to our apartment and have just set out again for our citas.

I´m still in Managua, but more on the outskirts. The area is called Catorce, and it´s super poor and tiny and cute. Everything here is so different. The people, the traffic laws, the buildings. Todo. I have a feeling I´m going to learn Spanish very quickly.
So I just had a little bit of time to send this to you, to let you know I´m here and doing okay and everything. My pday is on Monday, so I´ll be sending another email then telling you all about my first week here :)

Gracias por todos. I can´t wait to tell you all about my first week here in Managua :)

- Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment