Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Another week passing by way too fast...

Hey everyone!
This week has been pretty normal. No more scorpions, thank goodness. Lots of visits with less actives, and I`ve been able to see so many miracles from that. One family in particular we`ve been focusing on have started to go to church, little by little. And 12 people live there. 10 are members, and 2 have baptismal dates :) The family is super crazy, and it`s kind of draining going there, but I love every second we can spend with every member of that great family. I know the Lord has great things in store for them, and I know that with the help of the Spirit, we can help them all become closer to Christ, and truly converted to this incredible gospel.
My scripture of the week is in Mosiah 1.

3 And he also taught them concerning the records which were engraven on the plates of brass, saying: My sons, I would that ye should remember that were it not for these plates, which contain these records and these commandments, we must have suffered in ignorance, even at this present time, not knowing the mysteries of God.
 6 O my sons, I would that ye should remember that these sayings are true, and also that these records are true. And behold, also the plates of Nephi, which contain the records and the sayings of our fathers from the time they left Jerusalem until now, and they are true; and we can know of their surety because we have them before our eyes.
 7 And now, my sons, I would that ye should remember to search them diligently, that ye may profit thereby; and I would that ye should keep the commandments of God, that ye may prosper in the land according to the promises which the Lord made unto our fathers.
Always remember what a great blessing the scriptures are. Read them, ponder them, and pray to know of their surety and how to better apply it in your lives. I love you all so much, and I hope you have a wonderful week :)
Att. Hermana Oliphant


A member's pet (!?)

Part of a family they are working to reactivate

No comments:

Post a Comment