Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Crazy Week!

Hermanas Arias and Oliphant
 Hey everyone! I`m so sorry for not writing last week. I ended up traveling to Managua on Monday, and then ended up staying the night. I hadn`t even brought clothes or toothpaste or anything! It was a very exciting adventure running around Managua, and what`s more, the night before on Sunday, we were up late helping a sick member of the ward (with permission), so I was just super exhausted.
This week's been pretty normal. We had a multi-stake

Chinandega Zone Activity
Zone Activity
Chinandega YW activity
conference with all of central America, broadcasted from Salt Lake, this Sunday. So great. And we were able to bring 4 investigators, which was super great.
We`ve had some interesting experiences these past 2 weeks. Full of scorpions, flooding the apartment, investigators who just think we`re pretty, and some real talk as companions. It`s been crazy hot, too. So hot that at night, once I`ve finished my cold shower, I start sweating even before I`ve dried off. Craziness.
Aaaaaand we have scorpions, and one literally almost stung me. I was laying on my bed with my arm on the wall, and suddenly my comp screamed at me to get off my bed, so I jump/roll off, and there`s a GIANT scorpion that was crawling toward my arm. We killed it with a baseball bat.
And we think we`re seeing more scorpions because we accidentally flooded our house the other day...there wasn`t water, and we left the tap on on accident. Lots of stuff got wet. Hopefully the mouse hole too.
And the work goes on as normal. Talking to people. Teaching them the word of God, and slowly but surely gaining my own testimony of how true it is and how much our lives would be blessed if we could just trust God and keep the commandments. But we`re all pretty weak. 2 Nephi 4 has helped me a lot :)
I love you all so much, and I hope your week is fantastic and spiritual and stress free! At least as stress free as it can be.
Love, Hermana Oliphant
(P.S. I`ve officially hit 9 months on the mission...halfway done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment