Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

New Week

Hey everyone!
Sorry for not writing next week, even though I actually did. Apparently there was some kind of mix up in the system and none of my emails and pictures sent. But the main news is that last Sunday we had a baptism! He`s 17, and so great. Just yesterday he received the Aaronic priesthood and is now a priest! He`s going to bless the sacrament next Sunday, and we`re all excited :)
We also got to listen to President and Hna Collado in a Multizone meeting. It was fabulous, as always. I learned so much that I`m so excited to put in to practice :)
I`m kind of in a hurry this week, but I just wanted to share some scriptures that I loved from my scripture study this week in Alma 29.

 6 Now, seeing that I know these things, why should I desire more than to perform the work to which I have been called? //
 9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

What was his joy? Being able to bring souls unto God. And if we keep this eternal perspective in our minds, we should have no other desire. I`m so grateful for this opportunity I have to be here, to teach and be taught by these lovely souls here in Nicaragua. I hope all of you can find ways to be missionaries this week, whether full time or part time, it`s really the best.
I love you all!

Hermana Oliphant
Missionaries with Bryan Joven, a member who works with them preparing for a mission

Cute selfie pic

No comments:

Post a Comment