Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Monday, June 13, 2016

It´s been a long been a long been a long beenalong daaaaayyyyy

It´s been a pretty long few weeks, when it comes down to it. Sorry for being so bad with my mass emails...but I´m going to get back in the habit ;) 

I´ve only got a little bit of time, so I´ll just say that I´m now in Leon! In a little town between the city of Leon and Managua, called Nagarote. It´s so cute, and the small town feel reminds me of Sébaco :) My companion´s name is Hermana Jimenez, and she´s from the Dominican Republic. She´s great, and I can tell we´ll work well together.
My spiritual thought is on the light of Christ. I read it earlier this week, and just wanted to share it with you all. In Moroni 7.

16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
 17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.
 19 Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.


We all have the light of Christ. Members and nonmembers alike, we can all feel in our hearts when something is of God or is of the devil, by how it makes us feel. But sometimes we accustom ourselves to those things that are of the devil, and we stop feeling bad when we do or see something wrong. But by the fruits, we can all know the truth, and we just need to have the strength to stand out, to change some things, and get on the path to righteousness. I know the path to eternal life is hard, but we can all achieve it if we look for this little light of Christ in everything. I love you all; have a great week!

Love, Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment