Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Just get me a tie and call me Elder

To explain the title, that's kind of how I feel right now considering that we can wear pants now. Supes crazy, but I'm sure we'll get used to it. I would send pictures but cybers here are crazy and are ruining memory cards.So we´ll see if I can actually send pictures next week, sorry for the lack of them lately.

This week has been super great. Me and my new comp, Hna Jimenez are working really hard here in this small branch. It´s a big area, but I'm learning it pretty quickly. We get along really well, and things have been going pretty smoothly. We have a pretty similar sense of humor...so we´re always laughing, and that´s pretty nice :)

We´ve been finding lots of new investigators, but we´re having trouble getting them to church, just like in Sebaco. But I just love the people here so much. They´re so sweet, and I love being able to share the Book of Mormon and the restored gospel with them. Even if they don´t accept it, I love teaching people about it and seeing the people who are really interested change and learn about Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon and the Plan of Salvation are just so incredible and fascinating to me and it gives me hope every day for a better world, for a brighter day. 
Something super nice is that the hermana who feeds us lunch and washes our clothes is our landlord, next door neighbor, and they´re all members! Less actives, but we´re working on that. It makes lots of things super convenient, haha. 

Something I read in the Book of Mormon this week was in 3 Nephi 17. Just read the whole chapter. And analyze the compassion and goodness of Jesus to all the Nephites. It really inspired me to be a better missionary, to truly love and serve the people here with more love and charity. It´s such a beautiful chapter.

I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that God is our Father and he loves each and every one of us, and I know that this is His work. I´m so grateful for all of you and the sacrifices you make every single day for your families and for the Lord. You will be blessed for it, I assure you.
Have an amazing week!
Love, Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment