Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hey!



Lo siento todos! It´s been a while. And I´ve also not got a lot of time today, but I still wanted to send fotos real quick and tell you all a bit about my week!

We´ve been working hard, but my companion´s been a little sick, so we had to go to Leon. But she´s doing alright just gotta take her pills ;) We´ve met lots of cool new people, it´s just hard to get them to keep their commitments. They love to listen to us, but reading, praying, and going to church is a whole other ball game. But it´s honestly been a privilege to see the power of missionary authority in action, to see the change in people as we talk to them and teach them about the gospel. The only thing I want is to help them truly change their lives and make it not just to the waters of baptism, but also to the temple, to be sealed together as eternal families. 
Today I was just reading in 2 Nephi 32. It´s short, and I love it so much. Something I got out of it was the main things we can do after baptism (other than going to church) is reading the scriptures and praying. Because through these three means, we can have the Holy Ghost with us. And if we have the Spirit with us, we don´t have to wonder what we´re supposed to do. The Spirit will make those things plain unto us if we´re ready to receive them. My only invitation for you all is to keep yourselves worthy of the Spirit, and you´ll see miracles this week. Questions answered problems solved, and new mysteries learned :)
I love you all so so much. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Att. Hermana Oliphant

1. Picture from our multizona when we met our new mission president
2. Nica pic
3. The two jovenes who do divisions with us EVERY SUNDAY to help us take investigators to church. They´re the bomb.
4. (Almost) All the priesthoods in our branch :) We have a cool little branch here in Nagarote. Just gotta make it a ward!






No comments:

Post a Comment