Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

"I wanna be strong, so give me mountains to climb."

Real quick! This week was great. Our investigators are progressing and the members are so great in working with us! We´ve had a couple interesting experiences, and it was especially fun to go on divisions in Managua with Hna Lord, who´s still in her training. We had such a great time and I really love working with new missionaries. They´re on fire and want to serve and be obedient, and it´s the best feeling.
Today we had a fun pday as a district (with the ZLs) :) We filled up a piñata and played baseball with it, and then we had a water fight. 
There´s also a super special family in the branch. She has just given birth via c section and they´ve been having some stressful issues. But we and the members have been visiting them constantly and reminding them that trials are for our benefit, and they really are. They´re doing so great and I know they feel our love and support.
That´s one of the greatest things I´ve learned from my mission. Someone wise once told me that if I´m struggling, the Lord must really love me :) Each change brings it´s different trials, and this new area has been a bit of a struggle for me. But I´m fighting every day, and it´s like a song we´ve been listening to. "I know it won´t be easy, but give me mountains to climb. Give me rivers to cross..." Basically asking for trials. Because if we aren´t tried, we don´t get better. Instead of running away from difficulties, we need to face them head on with the help of the Lord. And we´ll see how much he´s willing to bless us. The Lord wants us to progress, so he gives us trials little by little, in exactly the way that we need in the moment :)
I love you all so so so much, and I hope you have a great week!
Love, Hermana Oliphant
Fotos
1. Our divisions group. My comp, Hna Baquedano (She´s my TL, and she also came with me on the mission :)), Me, and Hna Lord.
2. Me with the family I  mentioned. She´s called Anielka, the little girl is Candida, and the dad and son are both Cesar :D
3. PIÑATA
4. Our lovely invention to take the group pic
5. Us all wet after the water war




No comments:

Post a Comment