Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Semana de los Musos...

...Or, week of the flirts. Most of them drunk...I´m not sure what made this week so special, but I felt like I had to quickly walk (run) away from a few this week. But they´re all harmless...no need to worry :)

So I hope all of your weeks have been fabulous! I´ve had a great week. We set a goal to baptize 5 people, two families, and 2 priesthoods this month. We even took a picture ;) It´s kind of bad, but all the good ones are on her camera, and it´s not working. So here´s this for now. Me and my new comp, Hna Palencia :) She´s lovely.
One of our goals this week was to bring a lot of investigators to the conference this week, and I even stayed up all night (well, not quite) making a map so we could do divisions and get them all there. But unfortunately there´s someone very powerful trying to stop the work of the Lord. We only brought a few to the conference, and everyone else had something come up (like always). But the few people who came really enjoyed it, and I knew they felt the Spirit. We had a brand new investigator show up with his little son, and I was so beyond excited. So so so excited. It was kind of ridiculous. I almost ran to the door in the middle of the talks when I saw him come in. But I´m glad I feel that way. I love my investigators, and I love all the people here. I just want them to experience the same joy I´ve been able to experience through Jesus Christ and his atonement :)

So, funny stories. This random guy through a plastic bottle at us and yelled "Oy, profesora!" It was pretty funny. But it was dark, so I´m not entirely sure what was initially contained in that bottle ;)

We were taking a bus to a meeting, and a guy got on a played the guitar and sang. It was pretty funny, and it was super fun to listen to. Normally we get people dressed up as clowns selling candy or preachers shouting the word of God, but this time it was just this guy and his guitar singing. It was super cool. I love taking the bus, even though I have to hold on for my life sometimes. 

Spiritual thoughts, we got an assignment from our mission president in DyC 136, and verse 31 stood out to me the most. I needed it a lot, and I´m pretty sure it applies to all of us even as members. It made me think that if life was easy, the reward would be a twinkie and a coke, just like Elder Holland said ;)

I hope you all got to watch conference. I only got to watch the morning sessions in english, but they´re so good. I can´t wait to read the rest in the Liohona ;) But seriously, we are so blessed to have a prophet and apostles on this earth with all the priesthood keys to guide Christ´s church with his authority. Never forget how amazing of a blessing that is, and treasure it, and show God you treasure it by listening to and applying their words in your lives! I promise that the Lord will bless you for this little you do every day to try and be a little bit better. It´s our responsibility, but we will be blessed for it. 

So I hope you all have a good week. Stay safe. Read your scriptures, say your prayers, go to church. All that good stuff. They really make the difference, I promise!
Take care!
Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment