Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Changes All Around!

Buenas tardes todos! I don´t have much to say about this week. We´ve been having a lot of trouble finding people who were ready to keep commitments, and so we´re down to almost no investigators, because we´ve had to drop them. That´s probably one of the saddest things, having to drop someone even when you think they´ll change, or when you think that have so much potential, but they´re not keeping their commitments. They´re not reading, praying, not going to church, or still drinking or smoking. You love them so much, but you have to let them go for now, because they´re still not quite ready. Don´t forget about them, just don´t focus your attention on them. Because we´ve been promised that there is a family waiting for us here in our area, we just have to find them :)

And transfers! My first transfer has just happened. I have a new companion now, her name is Hermana Palencia, and she´s honestly just the sweetest thing. She´s from El Salvador, and she´s been out about a year now. She´s so great, and I remember her from my first week here. We were on divisions because both of our comps were in the leaders meeting the mission has every month, and we got super super lost. It was my third day here, and I could barely communicate with her, and I was on the verge of tears most of the day. x3 But now I speak Spanish and we´re officially companions, and I´m seriously so excited. So excited. I have a feeling we´re going to do a lot of good here in La 14.

So I got my hands on the Liahona from October, and I read a really good article. It´s called "Finish with your torch still lit" By President Uchtdorf. I had a hard week this week (I feel like I´ve been having a lot of hard weeks...it happens on a mission, haha), and I read this article when I really needed it the most. There´s a part that I really like, and it says, "As long as we continue to rise up and move toward our Savior, we win the race with our torches burning brightly. For the torch is not about us or about what we do. It is about the Savior of the world. And that is a Light that can never be dimmed. It is a Light that swallows the darkness, heals our wounds, and blazes even in the midst of the deepest sorrow and unfathomable darkness. It is a Light that surpasses understanding. May each of us finish the path we have begun. And with the help of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, we will finish joyfully and with our torches still lit." I just love that so much. Don´t let your trials get you down. And don´t ever think that your torch is burnt out. Because it only burns out if you let it. Just keep going, and keep smiling, and everything will work out the way it´s supposed to.
Lots of love,

Hermana Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment