Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Monday, May 23, 2016

Happy Birthday to me...

Hey everyone! Sorry, I`m writing a little earlier today because we have an activity planned for my birthday at the time we normally write...so we`re writing right now :) I send you all pictures and let you know how it goes next week ;)

This week has been a little stressful, but also very spiritual. We had a multizona reunion on Tuesday, and I learned so much. I had even more desires to work harder, be more obedient, and make the changes in the way we do the work so that we can bring even more souls to Christ!

This week Fernando was going to get baptized, but he was having a lot of personal doubts that took his desire to get baptized. But we went ahead with his interview, and our District Leader really helped him to understand that he didn`t have to be perfect before he got baptized. All the changes come later, poco a poco, if we`re ready to make the sacrifices. So  he didn`t get baptized this past Saturday, but we`ve set a new goal for him on the 4th of June and he`s so excited now to get baptized and be a member :) 

This week in the Book of Mormon I`ve been reading about the missions of the sons of Mosiah in Alma 18-20, and they`ve been really inspiring to me. How they were able to keep the faith they`d gained through they`re own experiences, and how much they trusted in the Lord and strived to do his will even when things got hard. That`s something we can all apply to our lives, whether we`re missionaries or member missionaries, we can always strive to do the will of the Lord, and to firm in our faith when struggles abound.
I love you all so much, and I hope you have a great week!
Love, Hermana Oliphant

Fotos

1. A little flower from a plant some little kids gave me. I`ve been taking good care of it and it`s the first plant I haven`t killed...I guess the mission`s taught me something ;)
2. The piƱatas we`re using for my birthday party today...the whole ward`s invited.
3. My comp made me a ham and cheese pancake in bed...excuse my just-barely-woken-up-face
4. Rafa gave me a present...that I had to return to the church, so I took a picture :)
5. From left to right, Me, Candi, Hermana Barron, Valeska, Rafa




No comments:

Post a Comment