Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Monday, May 2, 2016

Hey!

Hey everyone! So I`m short on time, again, but this week has been super great. And a little sad. It`s been really hard to get our investigators to church, but that`s always the hard part, right? But we`ve also been working really hard with our futuros elderes, or Future Elders, and helping them get ready for missions! And we`ve been using the members a lot, and it`s so great to see their animo to help with the work. They just need a little encouragement sometimes. 

We also had great divisions this week with...guess who? My MTC comp, Hermana Walborn! She`s my TL now, and so we were companions for a day in my area, and it was so incredible to see how we`ve both grown, teach together, and see so many miracles. She`s an incredible missionary and I hope I can be like her some day :)

So to finish up, I`ll explain the pictures. A couple days ago, we got home at night, and I was getting ready to take a shower...and then got in the shower. I was all ready to clean myself, and then I saw that scorpion on my loufa...and I had a panic attack basically. I was in the shower, and basically trapped by that evil (sleeping...tailless) creature. My poor comp was great enough to throw me a shirt over the wall so I could put some clothes on, and then she passed me a broom so I could unlock the bathroom door, and she calmly coaxed me out of the shower curtain so I could escape before I started crying...and then I started to run out and I tripped and banged my knee against the wall and now it`s really purple. As I calmed down in my bed I told her to burn the scorpion after she smashed it...so she did. That`s the fire picture. Our little firepit for the demon. Funnily enough, we had smashed the tail off a scorpion a few weeks ago that escaped...so maybe it came back for revenge. It definitely did scar me a bit, but it`s dead. So we`re okay. Moral of the story, scorpions are demons. Watch out.
tailless but still frightening scorpion
fire pit for the demon scorpion



















But on a spiritual note, I`m in Alma in my BoM reading, and I just read some really great scriptures in chapter 7.

23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and besubmissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
 24 And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works.


That basically sums up everything we need to do in life. I want to challenge all of you to pick one of these things to work on, and then pray for the help you need to accomplish it. God really does work His miracles when we show Him our faith. That I`m certain of.
I love you all so very very much, and thanks for everything you do!

Love, Hermana Oliphant


No comments:

Post a Comment