Sister Sarah Oliphant serving in the Nicaragua Managua North mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 2015 through November 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016

Mibebecitotanlindo...eseplupblu

Hey everyone! Sorry for not writing last week. We went to Managua and time flew away from us...so I didn`t really get a chance to write about my week. And sorry for the title. That`s my comps favorite little baby voice she uses with everyone, haha. So the past two weeks have come and gone pretty fast. We`ve had another set of changes, but for the first time since my training (and I`m getting ready to finish a year on the mission), I haven`t had any kind of changes, comp or area. Thank goodness. But, that means I`m killing again. Which I`m happy about, because Hermana Barron is awesome. But I`m not going to lie, killing is tough. Talk about trunky, hehe. 

We`ve been pretty preocupied these past two weeks helping two of our investigators get ready to get baptized. Rudy and Fernando. And Rudy did end up getting baptized on Saturday! It was such a great day, and we were so happy for him. However, he wasn`t able to go to church yesterday, so we`re working real hard with him to make sure he gets confirmed this next Sunday. We`ve just loved working with him and getting to know him and helping him find the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Fernando is getting ready to get baptized this Saturday, and he`s also super excited. He`s 11, and his Grandma`s a member. He loves going to church, and he`s such a cute kid. We call him my son, haha. Or, Mijo, I`d call him. He`s in the first picture :)

Yesterday we also started a music class! Only 5 people came, and we didn`t study anything beforehand, so it was a little confusing...but it went really well. The members who came were great and so patient, especially since explaining music in Spanish is hard, especially since I don`t really know how to teach music, since it`s just been a part of my life for as long as I can remember...haha. We just taught how to direct music, and they were such a good class :) We`re going to get into reading music, playing the piano, and working the electric piano to automatically play the hymns for sunday! This next week we`ll do a little more studying ;)

For my spiritual thought I just wanted to share one that reminds me a lot of one of my absolute favorites of the Book fo Mormon, Moroni 10:32. This one is in Omni, and when I read it in my study of the Book of Mormon it just really stood out to me.
 26 And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption.Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying,and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will besaved.

That`s pretty simple and self explanatory, haha. I just love this invitation. That we offer our souls to Christ. We stop doing the bad things, fasting and praying for strength to do that, and keeping at it. Always humbly looking for ways to improve. Because even though we want to think we`re perfect and know everything...we don`t. Ha. 
We`ll I`ve got to head off now. But I love you guys so much. I hope you all have a great week!
Love, Hermana Oliphant

Fotos
1. Our little band of misfits. From left to right (excluding me), Rafa, Lauren (a recent convert), Fernando. We brought those boys together :)
2. Taking selfies after church! Left to right (excluding me and my comp), Rudy (on the bottom), Pablo (on the top), Valeska (we`re finally getting her back to church, and she helped Rudy get baptized!!)
3.Baptism! It was one of the craziest nights of my life, but it was so great. We`re so excited for Rudy to get confirmed!







No comments:

Post a Comment